I discovered a nasty mistake this week with Caspian’s breakfast. I make a nice porridge/cereal for him currently which I will share shortly with you. It is a nuts and seeds cereal. What was the mistake? Chia seeds. I had put them into our calculator ( not the ketocalculator from the charlie foundation) with 1 g gram of carbohydrates per 100g, not 37g per 100g. It was enough to send him down from 3.5 to 3 to 1 ratio, arrgh and of course, into seizures. Thankfully I noticed it in passing and followed my hunch it wasn’t right, and corrected it, phew.
Poor old Caspian is slowly inching his way up to a 4:1 ratio, over a 10 week period. He was so unwell in hospital it was a miracle to escape and still be on the diet. As a result we began on a 2:1 fats to carbohydrates ratio and have been slowly raising the bar for 10 weeks. I had hoped he would stabilise at 3:1 but no. So it is highly likely he will go to 4:1 this week. My one relief is that I will be wholeheartedly committed to this ratio, and its serious lack of carbohydrates and nutrition as I feel now there is no other choice.